6) Practice - The webmaster, Paul Kinsella, has used the production of this site as a way to sharpen his skills as both an online cartoonist, and dynamic webmaster.
5) Helping people - We also have a special grief counseling page dedicated to helping people, who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
4) Bragging rights - Not too many people can say that they are responsible for starting an entire industry!
The purpose of this site is to do six things:
1) Help our messengers - Fees we receive for selling Afterlife Telegrams are either given to the terminally ill messenger's family, used to pay for his/her medical bills or is donated to a charity of his/her choosing. Currently we have only one messenger. He has chosen to donate his fees to charity.
For a donation of $5.00 per word (5 word minimum), we can have telegrams delivered to people who have passed away. This is done with the help of terminally Ill volunteers who memorize the telegrams before passing away, and then deliver the telegrams after they have passed away. We call this an "afterlife telegram". The $5.00 per word fee, depending on the wishes of the messenger, it is either given to a relative, donated to a charity or used to pay for medical bills. The company does not keep any of the fees from the sale of the telegrams.
Since we can not guarantee delivery nor prove that a message has been delivered successfully, our customers do not pay for "deliveries". They pay for "delivery attempts". What we do guarantee is the following:
1) The messengers have memorized their telegrams before passing on.
2) The messengers have promised to do what can be done to deliver their telegrams to the addressees after passing.
*NOTICE: The webmaster does NOT retain any part of the fee -- The $5.00 per word fee is held in AfterlifeTelegrams.com's PayPal Account until the messenger has passed away and the telegram is "on its way". Then the fee, depending on the wishes of the messenger, is either given to a relative, donated to a charity or used to pay for medical bills. (Read our Frequently Asked Questions [ F.A.Q. ] for more detail.) At this time we only have one messenger. He has requested that his fees be donated to charity.
*NOTICE: We are NOT exploiting grieving people -- We do not accept telegrams from people who are still grieving and we have taken precautions to avoid doing so. We also do not accept telegrams from anyone who is mentally incompetent, under 18 or who wishes to send a telegram to someone who passed away less than one month ago. (Read our [F.A.Q.] for more detail.)
*NOTICE: We are NOT exploiting terminally ill people -- All of our terminally ill messengers are mentally competent adults who have volunteered to help us. They are physically sick, not mentally ill, and are quite able to make their own decisions. (Read our [F.A.Q.] for more detail.)
All of our messengers are competent adults who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, by a certified doctor, and have a minimal survival prognosis of about a year or less. All messengers are tested to make sure that they have memorized the telegrams they are entrusted with and are periodically quizzed to make sure they have not been forgotten.
If the messenger who was given a customer's telegram should have the good fortune to survive one year past the day the telegram was given, then the fee is refunded with the understanding that the messenger will attempt delivery, when the time comes, for free. (Read our F.A.Q. for more information.)
If you wish to use our service to send a telegram to someone in the afterlife - please click the "start" button below:
7) Our Sponsor - As our company does not profit from the sale of our telegrams, we ask that you help us keep our service going by patronizing our sponsor .
2) Our Online Cemetery - We hope to make some profit from the other service we provide with our Online Cemetery .
With the help of terminally ill volunteers, our service is sending telegrams to people who have passed away.